DCI’s surface department offers generic air/maritime training courses. These theoretical and practical courses cover all types of warfare and equipment operation from a warship;
• surface warfare;
• submarine warfare;
• air defence;
• amphibious warfare;
• mine warfare;
• electronic warfare (radar and radio);
• operational information management;
• use of airborne assets in naval aviation operations;
• C4ISTAR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Information/Intelligence, Surveillance, Targeting Acquisition and Reconnaissance);
• government action at sea.
This operational training is delivered by experts in their respective sectors. They employ modern teaching systems and simulators offering near-real operations. Training is designed for officers and NCOs either individually or as part of a complete crew. Courses take place in France or in the host country.
• OPSDEP is an 8-month high-level training course, designed for future operations officers on frigates.
• OPSDIV is an approximately 3-month training course designed for officers of the watch on operations, able to serve on all types of warship.